Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What I Picked Up At ALA And Why, Part 2

This post was made possible by the wonderful US Post Office, who even tho the envelope ripped apart, sealed it up & delivered it to me. Yay!

Contents:

Babymouse: Rock Star by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm (and click over to the cover photo, because a punked out Babymouse is AWESOME. I may have to buy Queen Lucy her first pair of Doc Martens. )

The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga, because I gave my BEA copy to a kid at my mom's school; they loved it, but didn't return it.

Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late by Mo Willems, signed, for Queen Lucy.

Framed by Frank Cottrell Boyce, which I wanted because his Millions rocked.

Candy Darlings by Christine Walde because I liked the cover. I do judge books by the cover.

Incantation by Alice Hoffman, because it is by Alice Hoffman. (Yep, once I find an author I trust to tell a good story, I go to them again and again, not even bothering to find out the plot.)

Goy Crazy by Melissa Schorr because it sounds so politically incorrect.

Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr, because I've been reading her blog for over a year so cannot wait to read this! So yes, blogging as an author can help you.

and drumroll please for:

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. Words fail. Neil Gaiman, people!!! Signed my book which meant I was there and saw him and spoke with him!!!

Life, it is good.

(Cross posted at Tea Cozy.)

1 Comments:

Blogger crissachappell said...

Thanks for posting this list!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home