Saturday, June 10, 2006

Greetings

So, Chris emails me the other day with an idea for a new blog.

A new blog? Chris has the On The Spectrum/ ASD Blog; I have A Chair, A Fireplace and A Tea Cozy; and I contribute to Pop Goes the Library.

Is she nuts?

Then Chris explains. A blog not about reviews, but, rather, about those things in our holds list. Not what we think about the books we've read; but rather, what inspires us to say, this book, that DVD.

Cool, I thought.

So here we are. Let us know what you think. We plan to post our holds lists, annotated to say "why". We'll probably add a few more contributors and have some special guests add their lists.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I think this is a wonderful idea! In part because we're homeschoolers and in part because it's just genetic, we tend to inhale books around here, and I don't really need to see an entire review to know if something is for us. Just knowing someone else is considering it is more than adequate.

And now that I have Library Elf to supervise our overdue books, I don't have to worry about borrowing even more items!

Thanks and good luck...

10:06 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

You girls are crazy - but hey, craziness runs in the bibliophile's genes, right ? Have fun... I will add it to my Blog Roll (but maybe not today !) as it's getting late (for me) and I've yet to wash up my dinner things !

3:04 PM  
Blogger Liz B said...

Becky, I love LibraryElf and I don't have to worry about fines. I just like that reminder of what I've got out, what's due, what I put on hold, and its so easy.

Michele, thanks for the add, and yes, I think bibliophiles have to be a little crazy. In a good way!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home